Monday, January 26, 2015

Oribe I.MMXV



I've been sitting on these products for longer than I am willing to admit. I had some feelings about them, some good, some not. Read further if you so choose.


Oribe Gold Lust Shampoo- I originally bought this shampoo because it was one of Oribe's only offerings formulated without sulfates or parabens. This shampoo is lovely, it's moisturizing, it really does tame frizz and make your hair super manageable-- but I probably wouldn't buy this for myself again. I have very fine hair, so this made it look dirty/weighed down much quicker. I have since switched to his Volumista Shampoo, many thoughts to come... But if you have color treated hair, or if your hair is dry and thick, seriously, try this out-- it really does work magic and make your hair look significantly healthier and shinier.

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray- This product has been absolutely raved about for years and years and years by many a blogger. And while, I did love it for a time, I think I might have moved on. Firstly, unlike the Oribe Shampoos, the fragrance of this spray sticks with you and it is STRONG. Secondly, I couldn't even try to deny how much volume this product creates, because it really does work. It gives that perfect lived in, elegantly disheveled look. It's also AMAZING if you're trying to put your hair up in a tousled french twist, or really any perfectly imperfect style. It has just the right amount of grit. However, I wouldn't say this was a dry shampoo like many other people claim. I'd have to wash my hair the day after using it because undone is one thing-- grunge is an entirely different look that I have no desire to achieve. I won't be buying this again mainly because of the price tag-- it's super expensive and I'm not sure it really warrants such a high price for what it actually does. But if you're looking for a nice treat and you're feeling spendy, I guess its a nice buy...

No comments:

Post a Comment