Monday, March 3, 2014

Sacred Truth



At this stage in the game, it's a pretty safe assumption that I am a weapon of massive consumption when it comes to cosmetics. So, a few weeks ago when I walked past Lush, I couldn't fight the compulsion to go in an just take a sneaky peak at a little something as a pick-me-up for the seemingly endless winter we are having. Of course, I couldn't leave without purchasing something, and I decided on one of their fresh, hand made masks. They come in tiny little tubs, with just enough for around 8 uses and they expire in about two weeks time. Perfect for a spa night with your girlfriends (especially given the very reasonable, under $10 price tag), not so much for the ever so occasional pamper night solo. Packed with wonderful ingredients that hydrate (honey and coconut oil) as well as brighten (green tea and papaya), there are also a number of essential oils listed as ingredients, which I have mixed feelings about. Not to mention this mask smells very, very verdant. Pungently verdant. Think grass, which, truth be told, is not my ideal choice where fragrances are concerned. But alas, I digress. Slather some on and it dries in less than 10 minutes time, and then you rinse. It doesn't make a drastic difference, but the papaya has enzymes which does help to exfoliate, revealing more even and toned skin. Does it blow my Glam Glow Exfoliating Mud out of the water? No way. But, all things considered, it is a nice treatment that doesn't require a huge investment, so, if you are looking to just unwind via a nice relaxing ritual it might be a good bet for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment