Thursday, December 19, 2013

Winter Wonderland






Coat: Elizabeth & James. Sweater Dress: Rebecca Taylor. Tights: Wolford Merino Wool in Cream. Boots: Michael Kors. Headband: Forever 21. Lipstick: Burberry Lip Cover in No.32 Sepia Pink

The past two weeks has not been the best for me in terms of general "put together-ness". Let's just say, I might as well have been walking around with a tattoo on my forehead that said "I SURRENDER". I don't really know what it is about the frigid weather (I mean everyone who has lived the past two weeks knows, but thats beside the point), but it leaves me paralyzed. I absolutely have no motivation to get dressed or put on makeup, let alone do anything else. I just want to stay in bed, watch 30 Rock and hibernate, is that too much to ask? Yesterday, I basically forced myself to get it together for the first time in days, and going forward I'm going to try a little harder to not let the weather defeat me. Cold weather should not mean that we resign ourselves to looking like slob-kabob's just because it's easier. If anything it gives us the opportunity to be more inventive with what we wear (layering chunky knits, wools, furs, the list goes on an on). For example yesterday's outfit had great contrast between the chunky knit of my sweater dress, and the finer knit of my tights. Plus, I really went full tilt with the winter white, which was seasonally appropriate and felt festive for the upcoming holidays! If you're feeling inspired or cold, pair a chunky knit with a contrasting fabric-- it will add fabulous dimension to whatever you wear, and when you look fabulous, you feel fabulous, so the weather can't get you down. Dare to put your best face forward while facing the elements, it really does help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment