Monday, October 14, 2013

Lip Service Part One: Natural Lippies


My favorite natural lip colors for when you need that certain "je ne sais quoi" to look a little more polished.  Right to Left: Laura Mercier Brown Sugar. MAC Patisserie. Revlon Lip Butter Pink Truffle. Burberry Sepia Pink. 


1. Laura Mercier Brown Sugar. This lipstick is super sheer and moisturizing. It gives the lips a nice sheen, perfect for day or night wear.


 2. MAC Patisserie: This is my go-to lip for when I'm doing smokey eye makeup at night. Its a pinky-nude that gives a subtle nude tone to your lips without giving you a dreadful deadened/zombie look. 


3. Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle: I wrote about this in my latest favorites post, and I stand by my statements. This moves from my makeup bag to my handbag, and I find myself swiping this on multiple times a day. The perfect natural pink color, I don't think I'll ever go without. (And the price-point doesn't hurt either!)


4. Burberry Sepia Pink. I bought this a year ago because I read on a makeup blog that Rosie Huntington-Whitely wears this on her lips. Give her a quick google if you're not aware of who she is-- she has the most gorgeous, simple makeup all of the time, and her lips are always in a swath of rosey perfection. This lipstick is pure luxury, and definitely worth the more upscale price tag. 


 Swatches top-to-bottom: Laura Mercier Brown Sugar, MAC Patisserie, Revlon Lip Butter Pink Truffle, Burberry Sepia Pink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment