Sunday, August 12, 2012

Bodrum Bronze






A very wise and  lovely friend of mine once told me "if you can't tone it, tan it." Now, this isn't a post about some sort of miraculous regimen that I have been trying over the last few days of my vacation, but I do think that there is definitely something to have a little bit of a sunkissed glow. Having spent the majority of my summer in Paris (where it rained about 75% of the time) or indoors at work prior to this past week, let's just say I wasn't as bronzed as I would have hoped to have been by August.  I would like to say that I am in no way espousing baking in the sun-- I always use SPF 60, and I actually spend most of my time on the beach sitting under an umbrella with a sunhat on  because I tan quite easily. You could say in regards to sun exposure, for the most part I think a little bit of sunbathing never hurt anyone as long as it is done in a responsible fashion (even though my dermatologist would be fuming if she saw this). A slight bit of color can do just about anyone wonders and as it turns out is actually quite the added accoutrement to an outfit. For dinner the other night, I decided to go simple with my ensemble, I stripped down the accessories and instead went for a white dress with some African beads, a bracelet, and a floppy sunhat paired with a pop of coral lipstick. Some people say the accessories make the outfit, but in the heat of the summer I find that simple and understated are the way to go. On the nights when you want to feel easy, breezy and laid-back it may just end up that a tan will be your best accessory.


Dress: Nightcap. Hat: ASOS. Sandals: Ann Demeulemeester. Jewels: Beads from an African Market, J.Crew bracelet. Lipstick: Tom Ford True Coral.  

No comments:

Post a Comment