Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mix-n-Match






If you consider yourself trend aware, you probably are well versed in the stylish sneakers that have popped up all over the streets in a flurry. Isabel Marant and Marc Jacobs have both done heeled versions that are absolutely to die for, but sadly these amazing shoesies are out of my budget this spring, so I had to improvise a little on this trend. While my customized Nikes are not quite a brilliantly wedged sneaker à la Isabel or Marc's designs, they still provide an unexpected twist to my outfit. Paired with my mom's Chanel knit sweater (thanks Mom!), they dress down my ensemble and keep it from looking too stuffy or clashing in an obnoxious way (at least in my opinion).

If you are lucky enough to get your hands on the sneakers that have all but caused a fashion frenzy worldwide, or even a pair from lower and mid-range fashion lines (I'm currently eyeing a pair from NastyGal), you could wear them with feminine dresses and skirts, or jeans and a cute blouse. Whether you are going for an unexpected juxtaposition between flirty and sporty, or just trying to add a little unexpected twist to your casual sunday outfit, colorful sneaks will make you look effortlessly cool.


Sweater: Chanel. Top: American Apparel. Jeans: Rich&Skinny. Shoes: Nike. Sunnies: RayBan. Jewelry: Alexander McQueen, David Yurman, Gurhan, Hermes, Prada.

2 comments:

  1. Is that the Alexander McQueen double skull ring?? I'm obsessed with that (and have been for about a year). I love the outfit you've got going on. Also loving that Alexander Wang bag you were rocking in a previous post/at Wes graduation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the ring right after Christmas and I am basically never without it. Loving your blog as well my dear! xx

      Delete