Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Icky Pop








When the weather is gross like it has been this week, it is incredibly easy to slip into a funk. I often find that it's quite easy for that icky mood to be reflected in the way I dress. My remedy for the rainy sartorial slump is adding a pop of color to an outfit. Be it wearing multiple colorful items or just one, adding bright and happy shades to your outfit can improve not just your mood, but everyone else's too. Throw in a cute patterned umbrella and perhaps a pair of Hunter boots or jellies, and maybe, just maybe, you'll be hoping for it to rain just so you can wear them.

If a fire engine red trench coat is not your style (I realize it's not everyone's cup of tea), another way you could introduce color into your ensemble is a bold lip color. A coral or fuchsia lipstick can illuminate the face and ever so slightly give you more confidence to face the gloomy day ahead, without forcing you to commit to wearing a technicolor raincoat. You never know, it could end up being your signature look regardless of whether the sun is shining or the sky is covered with clouds (I'm looking at you MC).


Top: Gap.  Skirt: Zara. Belt: Gap. Trench Coat: Juicy Couture. Shoes: Fendi. Umbrella: Leighton. Jewelry: David Yurman, Hermes, Topshop, Target, Gift from Italy. Purse: Courrèges Paris.

1 comment:

  1. This outfit is amazing, or as i would say uh-may-sin. This post seriously speaks to me, as I tend to look homeless on rainy days or just hide in my room. But at last there is hope: Colored bright jellies are a perfect alternative to chunky rubber boots! Hello jellies I'm coming for you. I love how the bright colors make the patterns pop and just bring this outfit to life! Major mood booster. Red on black and white stripes- mmmmmm me likey! This is so Mary Pop-pin! xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete